Unverbrauchte und persönliche Worte sind die Grundzutaten für ein
gutes Glückwunschschreiben. Secretary Today präsentiert Ihnen das Erfolgsrezept und passende Vorlagen.
Secretary Today = Professionelles Business English für Sekretärinnen und Assistentinnen. Jetzt 1 Ausgabe kostenlos testen! Klicken Sie hier ...
There are countless opportunities to send congratulations letters, cards or emails in both your business and personal life. You can write when colleagues or business associates announce an engagement or wedding, or the birth of a baby, when there’s a company or personal anniversary, or when someone you know gets an important promotion.
4 guidelines for your congratulations letters, emails and cards
Whatever the occasion, always follow these four guidelines.
- Send your letter, email or card immediately after you hear the good news. If you delay writing, the recipient may feel that you are not genuinely happy about his or her achievement.
- In letters or emails, say how you heard the news.
- Do not exaggerate the praise or it might sound fake or sarcastic.
- Add a personal comment.
Here are some useful phrases for your congratulations letters and emails
- Congratulations to you on your recent promotion to sales manager.
- My sincere congratulations on your outstanding performance.
- Please accept my heartfelt congratulations on the birth of your daughter.
- I was delighted to hear that you have been elected as president of the United American Association of Speechwriters.
- This is a well-deserved recognition of your outstanding work.
- Marlies Reader just called by my office to tell me the great news.
- I am delighted that you have decided to set up business in Hamburg.
- Congratulations on your new German subsidiary.
- On behalf of everyone here at XYZ Incorporated, I would like to sincerely congratulate you on winning the prestigious New Writers award.
- I must say that I was not surprised to hear of your success.
- Best wishes from us all at Salzuflen.
Click here ... and you’ll find some sample congratulations phrases for you to use as inspiration for your own messages.