Fehler einzugestehen und um Verzeihung zu bitten, fällt meistens schwer. Zu den Softskills gehört es heute jedoch, angemessen “sorry” sagen zu können. Secretary Today erklärt Ihnen in der aktuellen Sonderausgabe „Write to build relationships“ wie.
Write to build relationships, this special edition of Secretary Today, looks at seven scenarios where you can strengthen relationships through writing. It gives you useful phrases and sample letters for you to use in each situation. Read it carefully, and download the phrases and sample texts. You can use them for letters, emails, notes or cards whenever you want to deepen a casual business relationship, making life a little easier for your boss and yourself.
Neugierig geworden auf diese Sonderausgabe? Dann klicken Sie hier und fordern Sie Secretary Today zum GRATIS-Test an ...
If you have done something wrong, admit it and apologise in writing. Use email, a card or a note. By accepting responsibility and apologising without making excuses, you will demonstrate that you are mature and self-aware.
Use a 4-step format
Step 1: Make a straightforward apology.
Step 2: Explain – very briefly – what went wrong. Don’t go into long explanations. Of course you can say what went wrong, but the reader will be more interested to hear what you are doing to solve the problem.
Step 3: Say what you are doing to put things right.
Step 4: Thank the reader for their understanding. Explain that you value the business relationship and that you will not repeat your tardiness.
Useful phrases and sample messages for apologies
- Please accept our sincerest apologies.
- I am very sorry that I have put you in this position.
- I am afraid it will be impossible for me to complete the report by the agreed deadline.
- I was under the false impression that it wasn’t due until next week.
- I am truly sorry that I missed the deadline.
- It was simply too big for me to finish in the allotted time.
- The completed report will be on your desk by tomorrow morning.
- As soon as our CEO has signed the documents, I will send them to you.
Viele weitere Formulierungen, die Sie für Ihre tägliche Korrespondenz brauchen können, finden Sie hier ...